1. St. Joseph Peninsula State Park - Located near the coastal village of Port St. Joe in Gulf County, about 45 miles southeast of Panama City, the T. H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park is a favorite for vacationers looking for a picturesque location to relax and get away from the crowds. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy the park year-round for its wildlife viewing, swimming, boating, fishing, snorkeling and scalloping. Book your stay near this beach.
2. Fort DeSoto Park - Fort De Soto is located in the southwest corner of Mullet Key, at the entrance to Tampa Bay. True to a beach that has been ranked fourth best in the United States, Fort De Soto Park is a unique area made up of five islands. The park features a fort built during the Spanish-American War on the largest of the islands, Mullet Key. The park features two fishing piers, camping areas, biking and skating trails as well as canoe, kayak and bicycle rentals.
Book your stay near this beach.
3. Caladesi Island State Park (Dunedin, FL) - One of the few remaining large undeveloped barrier islands on Florida's Gulf Coast, Caladesi is only accessible by boat and has been ranked the sixth best beach in the entire United States. It is an ideal habitat for swimming, shelling, fishing, picnics, hiking, snorkeling and scuba diving as well as nature study. A ferry departs hourly from nearby Honeymoon Island. Docks are available on the island for private boats.
Book your stay near this beach.
4. Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park (Key Biscayne, FL) - Stroll along the sandy shore of the Atlantic, charter a deep-sea fishing boat, ride a jet ski, or simply relax with a good book on the white sand beaches under the shade of a hut. A peaceful getaway for both tourists and locals, it is one of the best places to go in Greater Miami for tennis, golf, sunbathing, swimming, boating, bicycling, fishing and windsurfing. Book your stay near this beach.
5. Clearwater Beach - Offering just about every water and beach activity imaginable, Clearwater Beach has been named the top city beach in the Gulf region. Pier 60 Park features a family recreation complex on Clearwater's expansive beach with covered playgrounds, fishing and concessions. Book your stay in the Clearwater area.
6. South Beach (Miami, FL) - The American Riviera, Hollywood of the East, Sobe, or the Art Deco District - the area goes by many names and Miami's South Beach is hot year-round. It is an international playground with beautiful palm-lined beaches just steps away from non-stop nightlife, trendy restaurants, shopping and unique architecture. Book your stay in South Beach.
7. Daytona Beach, FL - Known as the "World's Most Famous Beach", this area is the classic bustling American beach scene where you can drive automobiles on the sand by day and play at the boardwalk arcades by night. Whether you're here to soak up the sun on one of Florida's finest beaches or ride the waves that made this the surfing hotspot of the East Coast, you'll find that Daytona Beach is an exciting place to spend your vacation.
Book your stay in Daytona Beach.
8. Anastasia State Park- Located on Anastasia Island, near St. Augustine, this beach provides an abundance of outdoor fun. Camping, fishing, picnic areas, nature trail, beach volleyball and 1,700-acre bird sanctuary highlight the area. The park is home to several rare, threatened and endangered species. Canoe, kayak and wind surf rentals available. Book your stay in St. Augustine.
9. St. George Island State Park, (St. George Island, FL) - Nine miles of undeveloped beaches and dunes, surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico and Apalachicola Bay, provide the perfect setting for a quiet getaway. Book your stay near this beach.
10. Fort Lauderdale, FL - Since 1999, the Clean Beaches Council has consistently named all the beaches in the Fort Lauderdale area Blue Wave Beaches - a top honor. Although once known primarily as a mecca for college students on spring break, Fort Lauderdale has become a dynamic family vacation destination.
Book your stay in Ft Lauderdale.
Sources: Dr. Beach, floridasbeach.com, FLAUSA